Ambedkar Jayanti: Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, one of the finest and knowledgeable men ever born in this world.
He fought for the Indian backward class and became the inspiration of thousands of discriminated people all over the world.
Let us see the 17 mind-blowing facts about Dr. B. R. Ambedkar below!
17 Mind-blowing Facts about Dr. B. R. Ambedkar
1.Dr. B. R. Ambedkar was the last and the 14th child of his parents.
2. In reality, Dr. Babasaheb’s surname was Ambawadekar but his teacher Madav Ambedkar gave him Ambedkar surname in the school documents.
3. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar is the first Indian to achieve a Ph.D. in Economics from foreign.
4. He is the only Indian whose statue is in the London Museum attached to Karl Marx.
5. The ” Ashok Chakra ” in the Indian flag was given by Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
6. Amartya Sen considered Dr. B. R. Ambedkar her guru and his father in economics.
7. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar’s private library had over 50,000 books and it was considered the world’s largest personal library.
8. In 2004, Dr. B. R. Ambedkar secured 1st position in the list of Top 100 scholars created by Columbia University.
9. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar had achieved mastery in 64 subjects and 9 languages. He also studied all the religions of the world in just 21 years.
10. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar completed 8 years of economics course in just 2 years 3 months at the London School of Economics.
11. He was considered as the ” modern Buddha of this age ” by Mahant Veer Chandramani who converted him to Buddhist.
12. The highest number of books and songs are composed in the name of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar.
13. Dr. B. R. Ambedkar was considered to be more knowledgeable than 500 graduates and thousands of scholars by Mahatma Gandhi and Governor Linlithgow.
14. He was the first lawyer from the backward class.
15. The largest number of the statue is of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar, globally.
16. He considered three legendary men, Saint Kabir, Mahatma Phule, and Lord Buddha as his ” instructor “.
17. The first statue of Dr. B. R. Ambedkar was built in the year 1950 at Kolhapur when he was alive.